Our Passport to Manhood Program plays an important role in the way we approach behavioral reformation. It is a well-known fact that holding people accountable for their actions increases the likelihood of them achieving their goals. Our Passport to Manhood Program is the system we use to hold our boys accountable for their actions and the progress they make while they are participating in our program. Over the years, we have found it to be very effective, as it has helped our boys make fast progress and learn to hold themselves to a higher standard.
The Benefits of Accountability
Studies have been done that show how accountability positively affects people’s performance. Accountability plays a large role in all of our lives. From the workplace to our homes, from school to our interactions with strangers, we are all held accountable to some degree in one way or another. There are a few good reasons why we rely so heavily on accountability both as a society and at our behavioral treatment center. Some of the many benefits of accountability include:
- Accountability improves performance. It is known that people perform better under observation. Knowing that they are being held accountable for their actions is often enough for our young men to work harder than they otherwise would.
- Accountability gives our boys the opportunity to receive honest feedback about their actions and behaviors. They can use this feedback to gain a better understanding of where they are on their journey of improvement and how they can best make progress.
- Accountability motivates our boys to follow through on their commitments. Because they understand that they will be held responsible for whether or not they keep their commitments, they are much more likely to do what it takes to keep them.
- Accountability allows our boys to learn from the successes and failures of others. It has been said that “a smart man learns from his mistakes, but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” That is definitely true, and we use our Passport to Manhood Program to help our young men learn from the experiences of others.
- Accountability keeps small problems from turning into large problems. Because we so frequently check up on our boys and monitor their performance, it enables us to solve any problems before they become serious.
These are only a few of the benefits that accountability brings. We have seen these benefits positively impact the lives of our clients and help them make significant and lasting progress.
The Passport to Manhood Program
Accountability is the foundation of our Passport to Manhood Program. Our overarching goal at Beartooth Mtn Ascent is to help every young man who enters our program to reach his full potential and become the best version of himself. The Passport to Manhood Program helps us achieve this goal by providing a simple framework to trach each young man’s progress throughout the duration of the program. It enables us to help them work on building the life skills they need to be successful at work, in relationships, and in their lives in general. Some of the areas of growth that our Passport to Manhood Program helps us to track include:
- Adult relationships
- Completion of daily tasks and chores
- Cleaning up after oneself
- Helping others
- Obeying rules
- Peer relationships
- Personal hygiene
- Showing initiative
- Waking up on time
- Work ethic
As you can see, there are a variety of things that we monitor every single day. Some of them are checklist items, such as waking up on time, and others are a bit more difficult to define, such as honesty and other personal traits. We track their progress and allow them to rate themselves on how well they think they are doing. Using an app called ClassDojo, we make the information available to the appropriate members of our staff and to each boy’s parents so we are all on the same page concerning the young man’s progress.
Call Us to Learn More
If you would like to hear more about our services or would like to discuss our Passport to Manhood Program in more detail, give us a call today. We will be happy to discuss the approach we take to reform our boys and put them on the path to happiness and success.